Saturday 20 April 2013

Evaluation Question 5...

"What type of media institution would distribute your media product and why?"

A media institute is a production company or firm which would distribute a film to certain cinemas. For example, a Hollywood blockbuster such as Harry Potter is distributed by Warner Bros. to the largest cinemas around the world such as ODEON and VUE.


The types of films that these large companies would distribute would involve huge, A-List stars, teamed with award winning directors and a very sizable budget. 
My film however, had none of these. Therefore realistically, the chance of a production company such as this or 20th Century Fox distributing my film would be practically impossible. Theoretically, however, I feel that even if my film were professional and had a larger budget, the type of media institution that would distribute my media product would be different to the mentioned above.
Based of the narrative and story line of my film, I feel that it would fit better being distributed by a smaller, British film company such as Warp, or maybe even an independent company. I feel this because my film challenges quite a few norms and conventions of Hollywood films and it could be a risk for larger film companies to distribute my product.
I also feel that it would be distributed to smaller venues such as CinemaCity as opposed to ODEON etc. I think this because I have decided that my main audience would be viewers that label themselves as 'Mainstream Plus' or perhaps even 'Aficionados' at a stretch because it lacks certain qualities that mainstream films contain and that mainstream audiences thrive on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment